Today we signed our No Place for Hate pledge. We talked about what the word pledge means. Ask me to tell you what it means to take a pledge.
Students will be wearing a No Place for Hate wristband home today!
This is the No Place for Hate pledge we signed today
• I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
• I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone—even if they are not like me.
• If I see someone being hurt or bullied, I will tell a teacher.
• Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy in school.
• I want our school to be No Place for Hate®.
We will talk about how we can do this, especially in our weekly SEL lessons on Thursdays, as well as when we meet each month with Mrs. Kanter.
We also zoomed into one of our favorite parts of winter. Snow! We learned about Snowflake Bentley, who was one of the first people to photograph snowflakes. We learned it's nearly impossible that two snowflakes would be the same.
Today we made snowflakes out of coffee filters. We decorated them with sequins so they sparkle. We noticed how with each snowflake we made, we got better at making them look special. We made more cuts and were able to design them better. Here we are working hard to make beautiful snowflakes!
Here's a few more pictures of the kids today, in their pajamas for our Spirit Day, along with the necklaces the kids made today.
Have a great winter break and I'll see you in 2020!